Friends

Monday 11 April 2011

Slow Progress

The last week was very busy!  It was the last week of term, and my two children who are away at Uni should have been coming home...Rachel was supposed to come home on Thursday evening, but text me on Wednesday night, asking if I had any objections to her staying in Wales for another week with her boyfriend.  She is now coming home this Friday.  Steven was supposed to come home on Saturday, but he rang me on Friday afternoon to say he couldn't come home until Tuesday, as he has a task to do at Uni on Tuesday morning...I'm glad they are getting their independence, especially Rachel, but I do wish they would give us a little bit more notice!

Work was busy, getting ready for the end of term, and also getting my room ready for the Summer Term.  I also paid a visit to the school in Burnley, where I will be working in the afternoons next term.  The next term will be hectic, but I think I'll enjoy it!  No doubt my stitching will suffer, but it's only for 12 weeks...

Last week was spent on 'One Nation'.  I didn't get much stitching time, due to various things going on - I've joined Slimming World, so that is one evening a week.  I also had Guides and the Guides Swimming Gala on different nights, so I only had one or two evenings to stitch!  Here is my progress:

The piece is 73cm in length!  I think it will take a while to finish this...

This week's piece is 'In the Arms of an Angel' by Lavender and Lace, but I have been stitching on a sampler piece called 'I Love You More' - a design by Erynne Chard.  If you click the link, it will take you to the Freebie page where you can find the design.  Here is a picture of my progress so far:

As it is the Easter Holidays now, I should have more stitching time...We shall see if that is true!  I've already had a busy few days...

As part of my health kick, which started with joining the slimming club, I've signed up for Zumba classes...It's a dance/fitness class, and it's supposed to be very good, but hard work...I'll let you know how I get on...The first class isn't until next week, so I'll update on that in a couple of weeks.

Have a good week, and Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching. Enjoy your easter break.

Julie said...

Enjoy your easter hols from school. Nice new start, lovely freebies on that site, thanks for the link.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your break and Zumba is a lot of fun and a great work-out.
You should bring plenty to drink.

Hugs Yvon.

Joysze said...

I love the colors in I Love You More and thanks for the link. :D

Enjoy Rachel and Steven's visits and your Zumba class!

Cathy said...

Nice progress! Enjoy the visit with your kids when they finally arrive.