Friends

Sunday 24 March 2013

And for my next trick...

I've picked out Heritage Stitchcraft's "The Hikers" from my seemingly bottomless UFO box...I think I've got about 20 more unfinished pieces, some of which I doubt I'll finish for a while!  However, as this was a kit, I thought I'd work on this for the next week.

This is how it looked before I started stitching on it today:


and this is how it looks now:


I'm hoping to get this finished this week, but there are some large areas of one colour - which I'm not too keen on - but will persevere with it!

My son has come home from Uni for the Easter break today.  His hair has grown quite long, so I'll have to try and encourage him to get it cut!  He's home for about 2 weeks, and my eldest daughter is coming up from Cardiff with her boyfriend for the Easter weekend...I have no idea where I'm going to put everyone...

I'm at the hospital on Tuesday to see the Fracture Clinic about my ankle.  They told me that I'd either have to have another cast on, or change to a moonboot...Either way, I'm probably still going to be off work for another week or two...We'll see what happens... :-S

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on your UFO. Good luck at the fracture clinic. Enjoy having your children home.

Shebafudge said...

Great progress on The Hikers.

Hope everything goes well for you at the fracture clinic. At least a moon boot would be a step in the right direction (sorry no pun intended there).

Hope you have a wonderful time this Easter and good luck talking your son into a haircut...lol xx

Julie said...

Have a great time with the family there Lynn, at least you'll have lots of help (or should that be hinderance lol)

The Hikers is looking great, you'll have that stitched real quickly with just a few colours in it.

Hope all goes well tomorrow at the clinic.

Stitchingranny said...

I have been browsing your blog (just found it) and you have done some lovely stitching. Arms of an Angel, is in my stash box so nice to see someone who has stitched it. I also have a small collection of the Heritage kits in my ufo box. Like you I am trying to work on UFOs at the moment so thank you for inspiring me.