Friends

Monday 18 November 2013

Hmmmm....

It's been one of those weeks...in one of those years...

I was ill for a few days at the beginning of the week with a kidney infection again.  The doctor gave me two weeks' worth of antibiotics, and told me that if I get it again, he's going to send me for a scan to check for a kidney stone.

The infection prevented me from doing the tutoring I was supposed to do last week, and also prevented any stitching from happening for a couple of days, so I didn't do as much as I'd hoped on Heirloom Christmas Sampler:


...and here is the actual section I completed this week:


I do enjoy stitching on this piece, but the hardanger parts can be quite scary!

This week's piece is 'Me First' - a DMC Country Companions design that has been a UFO for a very long time - in fact, I think I actually started it when my children were very young, and they are all now in their 20s!

This is how it looked before I started stitching on it yesterday:


I have cut down my rotation list to 18 items - mainly to make sure something gets finished at some point, but also for a Facebook group that encourages members to complete some WIPs in 2014...  I intend adding others to the list as the original 18 start getting finished - especially Mirabilia's 'Mermaids of the Deep Blue', which I am keen to start as soon as I get the fabric I've requested...so I think I'll have to have one day a week which is specifically for working on that!

My youngest child turned 20 this week...a milestone she didn't want to reach ("I'm 19 again"), and one that has made me feel quite old...although I suppose I'm quite young at 45 to have 3 children in their 20s!  I think the thing that will make me really feel old is when I become a grandmother - and I hope I have a few years before that happens!

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Stitching is looking fab.

I'm younger than you and have 2 kids in their 20's and 2 grandsons! But it means I get to do more with them while I have the energy to

Melanie said...

My mum and her mum were all spaced twenty years apart, almost to the day, starting with age 20. (So it was 20, 40, 60 at some point, etc.) Made for easy tracking of ages, I tell you that. So I don't think it's weird that you have kids that age. :)

Hope you are feeling better now!

Julie said...

My kids are in their 20's and I was 47 when i became a grandparent, it such a fun time.
Lovely stitching on heirloom.