Friends

Sunday 18 May 2014

Running, Stitching and Journaling

Here is this week's stitching progress picture:

"Three Little Maids" by Heritage Stitchcraft
I haven't had much stitching time again this week, but at least you can see it's an owl now!

Next week's rotation piece is "Count Your Blessings" by Silver Creek Samplers.  This is how it looks before I stitch on it again:

"Count Your Blessings" by Silver Creek Samplers
I picked up my "new" car the other day...and I love it!  It is a Toyota Yaris, and it is a lovely car to drive.  The petrol consumption is really good, and it drives well on the motorway.  I have bought a new Bluetooth stereo for it, as it still has the original stereo fitted, and this will be fitted by the shop next weekend - I will then be able to listen to music from my phone again!

My running is going extremely well - I managed to run 5K yesterday!  It felt so good to actually achieve it, whilst only on Week 8 of the programme.  We still have 5 sessions to attend before we complete the programme, but I now know that I can run 5K comfortably... I now have a Garmin sports watch to monitor and record my runs, so I can give myself targets :-)

I have started Bullet Journaling.  This is a method of organisation and productivity that I'm finding very easy to maintain, and also very useful in day-to-day life.  It basically involves writing everything in one place so you never misplace it, or have to search for notes or lists in various notebooks or folders on your PC.  I have bought a notebook, washi tape, page markers and pens to help with my organisation.  If you're interested in finding out more about this, watch this video:

My daughter comes home from Uni next weekend (for good)...so we will have a busy house again.  It is also Darwen Live next weekend.  This is a local music festival, where bands from around the North West of England play on the stage that is erected in the town centre, or in one of various venues.  It is usually a very busy event, with lots of drinking involved!

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats on the running! That's awesome. :)

Julie said...

Good luck with the bullet journal, an interesting video, it sounds very interesting.

Congrats on the 5K run, well done, that's fantastic

The little owl is so cute.