Friends

Monday 24 October 2011

Stitching Update

I promised to show pictures of my stitching from Nuneaton in my last post, and I've finally got around to doing it!

The main piece I stitched on was L&L's "In the Arms of an Angel", which I don't normally spend much time on:


I now only have the wings, some beading and metallics, and some of the 1-over-1 on the baby's head to do...

I also stitched on Ink Circles' "Celtic Ice" - a design I picked up in the US:


This is stitched on 28ct Windowpane linen, using Carrie's Creation threads.

This weekend has been a very rare weekend off for me - no Guiding activities, or work to do (due to the Half Term break this week), so I've been getting on with some stitching... But did I continue with either of the above designs..?  No...I started something new! 

This design has been screaming at me to start it, and so I started it on Friday evening, and finished it on Sunday afternoon!


It is a Forever in my Heart design - "Cross Stitch Maniac", and it is stitched on 18ct Davosa linen, 1-over-2, using Thread Gatherer Sheep's Silk threads.  The house at the bottom is straight - I hung the piece up to take the photo...

I also started a Bothy Threads 'Gorjuss' design - "Ruby" - which is stitched on Aida...


This is stitching up quite quickly, but I doubt I'll spend all week on her! 

I think I need to set up my rotation again... My stitching is quite erratic at the moment...I'm glad I've got the bug back again, but this is silly!

Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely stitching, I ope you get more one to enjoy your hobby this week Lynn. Enjoy half term hols.

Lesleyanne said...

I love your finish. Angel is coming along lovely as is circles. Look forward to seeing your progress on Ruby. Hope you have a great half term break.

Joysze said...

Congrats on the finish. It's such a cute design.

Your WIPs are coming along nicely and I can't wait to see pics of Ruby. She's so cute! :D

Melanie said...

Lovely stitching!!! :)

Jan Gartlan said...

Love your stitching especially angel.