Friends

Saturday 27 April 2013

Ankles and Marriage!

Things are finally starting to happen regarding my ankle!  I was at the physiotherapist on Friday, and he had me walking without the boot (with one crutch).  He has told me to keep practicing over the week, with a view to losing the boot next week.  I'm so happy with that news!  It actually feels like I'm getting better now, after 2 months of nothing happening and keep getting knock-backs.  I'm going back to work on the 7th May - more than 9 weeks after I broke my ankle!  I won't be able to drive then, so will have to have a lift to work and back, but at least I'll be back in a routine...

I was supposed to be going down to Nuneaton this weekend, spending a day with some fellow stitchers from the Needlecraft Haven Yuku forum.  However, due to my inability to drive, and lack of funds (due to being off work...), I had to make the decision not to go.  I've really missed the opportunity - there aren't any stitchers around here (or at least none that I know of!), so I go to the meet-ups to chat to like-minded people and get enthused by their stitching/stash.  I therefore spent today stitching on a project that I started the other day (Yes, I started yet another piece!) - Lizzie Kate's "A Good Marriage":

This was the progress made on the first day of stitching...


...and this is how it looks now, after stitching all day today on it.

I'm stitching this on a piece of lavender 28ct linen, using Crescent Colours, GAST, and DMC threads, and I'm loving stitching it!

Anyway, I'm hoping to arrange a meet-up at Nimble Thimble (Oswestry) again this year, so will be able to see all my stitching friends then...

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

jane said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up Lynn. Can't wait for the Nimble Thimble!

Tina said...

Sorry you couldn't be there,we all missed you!
Looking forward o nimble thimble.
Xx

Lesleyanne said...

Great news about your ankle. A gorgeous new start.

Julie said...

We missed you Lynn, great news to read things are improving with the ankle.
Yo new project is super.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Really sorry you couldn't join us, you were missed. Your new project looks great, keep us posted with photos x

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are lovely inspirational messages in your stitch craft. I love it and it really hit me. I promise to always keep that in mind. You know sometimes, I just feel awful after a day’s work and I sometimes forget to say I love you to the people in my life. Thanks for the inspiration!

Please visit My Webblog: Online PhD UK