Friends

Monday 28 February 2011

Half Term Week :o)

I had a lovely week off last week...

We went down to Stafford last Sunday to see Steven, and took him for lunch at the pub.  We saw him for all of about 2.5 hours, but he was happy with that - He likes his independence!

Monday and Tuesday were spent just relaxing (and stitching!), and then Tom and I went down to Swansea on Wednesday to see Rachel.  We stayed at Tom's Uncle's house at Margam until Saturday, and spent the days driving backwards and forwards to Rachel.  It was a good few days, in which we met Rachel's boyfriend, and also a lot of family members.

Today is my last day off, and I'm going to have my last good stitching session until the Easter holidays... I'll still be stitching, but not on the same scale as I normally do during the school holidays... Anyway, I stitched on L&L's 'Song of Christmas' last week, and this is my progress:

I have started to stitch the Christmas tree at the back of Santa, and also the middle of his coat.

This week is the turn of HAED's 'QS Plum Gothic' that I started stitching again last night.  I'm always wondering how they can call these designs 'Quick Stitch', as there is nothing quick about them to me! 

Have a good week, and Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Julie said...

It's always nice to see family even if only for a short time, mums need the visual "yes you are ok" sometimes!

Santa is gorgeous, a fab project. I agree about the quick stitch idea, no way are they that LOL

Joysze said...

Lynn, I LOL'ed at your quick stitch comment. I'm in total agreement. I guess they're quick compared to the full size charts, huh?

Santa looks great. It's going to be an awesome finish. :D

Astrids dragon said...

Always nice to spend time with the family... especially in Wales!

Your "Song of Christmas" is just beautiful, I can't wait to see it finished.

Justflo said...

Beautiful stitching. Your 'Song of Christmas' looks gorgeous. Love the fabric colour. Exactly What is a 'Quick Stitch'? I think that's just a trick to get you to buy them!!!