Friends

Sunday 13 February 2011

Life and Stitching Progress

I've stitched a bit of my Serenity Prayer UFO over the last few days:

It only needs the bottom left corner stitching, and the remaining black border, and then it's finished.  This week is the turn of another 'new' UFO - Country Companions 'Me First', although I don't think I'll get as much done, as we have got OfSTED in work this week...I'm so glad it's Half Term after this week :o)

Sammy has gone to stay with her sister, Rachel, in Swansea for a few days.  I thought it would be a lovely break for her and us, but she has been on the phone this weekend, wanting to come home.  I think she is homesick and lonely - and very much out of her comfort zone - but unfortunately, her train tickets are only valid for Tuesday.  I've talked to her and her sister, and they are going to go easy on each other for the next couple of days...Rachel has been spending a lot of time with her friends and boyfriend, and expecting Sammy to go with the flow...I think Sammy has had a steep learning curve over the last week or so, since she decided to leave Sixth Form...All part of growing up, I suppose!

Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Nima said...

lovely progress

Melanie said...

Great progress on this. :)

demeter83 said...

Your stitching's looking lovely.

Hope the girl's okay!

My other half's been looking over my shoulder as I read and he was wondering where the picture at the top of your blog is from, he was wondering Helvellin (I've guessed the spelling of that)

Julie said...

Super WIP.

Hope the girls 'kiss and make up'

Joysze said...

I love this piece!!

TammyK said...

It's looking really great. Love it :)

CalamityJr said...

Your Serenity Prayer is going to be beautiful!