Friends

Saturday 19 February 2011

What a Week!

Well, the school inspectors have been in school this week, causing lots of stress and pressure...But it's now over with for another 3 years or so, and it's the Half Term holiday week!  We are going to spend the day with Steven in Stafford tomorrow, and then we are going to Swansea for a few days on Wednesday to see Rachel.  Until then, I'm going to have a well-earned rest, and do lots of stitching!

I have managed to stitch on the Country Companions UFO on several occasions this week:





There is a lot of backstitching in this, so I'm doing it as I stitch on it.  It feels strange stitching on Aida again - I don't tend to use it now, apart from when I'm doing a Round Robin, so when I do use it, I tend to stitch faster... The next UFO I'm stitching on is 'Song of Christmas' - a Lavender and Lace design...

Have a good week, and Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Mary Joan said...

This is coming along nicely. It's making me wish I was stitching my kit. It's somewhere in my stash and on my "To Do" pile. Can't wait to see yours completed. It's such a lovely kit.

Happy Stitching

Julie said...

I think you've earned a week off Lynn after having Ofsted in school, have fun and enjoy with your family

Lesleyanne said...

Have a lovely time with your family. Lovely progress on your CC.

Hazel said...

Country Companions was the very first designs I ever stitched so they hold fond memories for me. Yours is looking lovely. Have a good week off. xx

Wendy said...

Looks great!!

Stitching Noni said...

Lynn your CC design looks great - look forward to see more of it when you do your next update :-) Which design is it that you are stitching?

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Bekca said...

This design is coming along so well, I love Country Companions designs and have got quite a few charts to do. Maybe someday! Have a lovely half term visiting, relaxing and stitching of course :)

Cathy said...

Looks good. You got alot done.

Joysze said...

That's really cute, Lynn. I know what you mean about stitching on aida. It does go a lot faster for me when I work on them as well. I think it's cos they're so sturdy and easy to handle, and you don't have to baby them like some of the other materials.

Vinniey said...

Country Companions is coming along nicely. It look so cute! Have a wonderful week :)