Friends

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Framing...

An early post - I'm on leave from work, and have been attempting my own framing:

Lancashire Map by Heritage Stitchcraft

Moments that take our Breath Away by Designs by Lisa
They are by no means perfect, but I will get better at it!  The mount was the toughest part - I didn't know how to cut it at a 45 degree angle, but trusty Google helped out, and a trip to Hobbycraft for a mount cutter followed!

I've put a countdown clock on the side bar here to count down the time until New Year.  This year has been horrendous for myself and my family, and I cannot wait for it to be over!  The only other year that can anywhere near match (and actually beat) this one is 1992, which was Queen Elizabeth's "Annus Horribilis" too!  I know it probably has nothing to do with the actual year, but (as the saying goes) New Year, new start...

It still feels strange to me having time off work.  Having worked in schools for several years, and therefore only taking time off at the same time as all my colleagues, my being at home when I know everyone else is still in the office makes me feel quite guilty... I'm sure it will pass as time goes on!

Happy Stitching!


3 comments:

Julie said...

Moments is beautiful, the colour of the mount it perfect.
I hope next year brings you lots of good health and happiness Lynn. xxx

Lonneke said...

I think your framing looks really good. And I hope 2014 will be a great year for you and your family.

Shebafudge said...

Both framing jobs look lovely to me. We are always over critical of our own work though!

I hope 2014 will be a great year for you xx