Friends

Sunday 1 December 2013

Mermaids and Moments...

Not much stitching has been done this week, as expected, due to our trip to Dublin...


This is my progress on "Mermaids of the Deep Blue" by Mirabilia.  I am stitching it with a purple conversion, on Polstitches 'Aphrodite' 32ct fabric.  It is lovely to stitch, but it is time to move on to the next piece in my rotation.


This week's piece is "Moments that take our Breath Away" by Designs by Lisa.  I'm hoping to finish this, but I'm doing several Maths and ICT tutoring sessions this week, and my mum will be starting her next stage of treatment, so I'll see how it goes.

Whilst I've been off work this week, I've managed to almost finish my Christmas shopping!  This is a novelty for me - it's usually a mad dash on Christmas Eve to buy presents and food...and every year I say I'm going to be more organised next year...I finally managed to do it!  A nice refund from the taxman definitely helped... :-)  I also treated myself to a digital SLR camera, as I enjoy taking photos (not being in them, though!) and wanted a good camera to do it.  The difference in picture quality between this new camera and my old compact camera is amazing!  Here are some pictures of my cats taken with the new camera:

Dizzy

Dizzy

Phoebe

Luna

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your new camera tasked great snaps.
Love the fabric on the new story.

Lonneke said...

Good progress and your cats are adorable.

Hazel said...

Cute cats! We are going to get another one soon. x