|Sirdar Connemara Chunky cardigan|
I've also framed some of my old finishes this last week:
|"Potpourri Heart" by The Sweetheart Tree|
|"The Hikers" by Heritage Stitchcraft|
|"A Good Marriage" by Lizzie*Kate|
|"Pecking Order" by Lanarte|
I've added some new projects to my Rotation List, since I've finished two of my UFOs! This is the list as it stands at the moment:
1. Santa’s Journey Afghan – Margaret Sherry
2. Crafty Cat – Margaret Sherry
3. Mermaids of the Deep Blue – Mirabilia
4. One Nation – ByGone Stitches
5. Black Magic – Just Nan (New Project)
6. Me First – DMC Country Companions
7. Sweet Dreams – L&L
8. Hootzi Humbug – Just Nan (New Project)
9. Which Side? – Raise the Roof
10. Cha Cha – Heritage Stitchcraft
11. Song of Christmas – Lavender & Lace
12. Cat Lessons for People – Lizzie*Kate
13. Official Crazy Cat Lady – Raise the Roof
14. Spot of Summer – The Drawn Thread (New Project)
15. Tiger – Ross Originals
16. Mirabilia RR
17. Fairy Moon - Mirabilia (New Project)
18. Three Little Maids – Heritage Stitchcraft
19. QS Plum Gothic – HAED
20. Holiday IV Toy Shop – Mill Hill
21. Count Your Blessings – Silver Creek Samplers
22. Living with Charm – Lizzie*Kate
23. QS Scarlet Witch – HAED
24. Heirloom Christmas Sampler – Victoria Sampler
25. Season of Hope – LHN
I've made the list up to 25 items.
My rotation works in the following way:
- On a Sunday morning, I use the Random Number Generator in the column on the right to select a number between 1 and 25.
- That number then tells me which item I'm working on for the next week.
- During that week, I stitch on the item as much as possible - every stitch is a stitch closer to the end!
- On Saturday, I take a progress picture and post it on here, Facebook and Needlecraft Haven.
- The first week of every month is for Round Robin or Exchange stitching (if I am participating in any), so I am off rotation for that week.
The random number generator tells me that I'm stitching on number 8 next week - Hootzi Humbug. It will be nice stitching on a new project for a change!
I have started a fitness regime...now in its 3rd week. I go to the gym on a Tuesday evening, straight from work, and I am also using the Nike+ Running app on my iPhone to attempt to start running. At the moment, I am following their "5k Beginner" coach programme, which has me out at least 5 nights a week, but I am brisk walking the distance it tells me to do (including some steep uphill climbs - can't go anywhere in Darwen without going up and down hills!) - I need to lose some more weight before I start running! I am also trying to get out on a Sunday for a longer distance hike, but the weather has been atrocious over the last few weeks, so I haven't got out for that...