Friends

Saturday 8 February 2014

Knitting, Framing, Rotations and Fitness!

Not much stitching completed on the Round Robin piece this week... I've been busy at work, and I've been trying to get my cardigan finished.  That has come to a standstill, however, as I need another ball of wool!  One side of the collar and side band has taken a full ball, and I only have some part balls left, so don't want to start the other side until I have a full ball.  I've ordered a ball online, so it should get here by the end of next week... The part balls will then be used for making up.  I am knitting the long-length cardigan, using the recommended Sirdar Connemara Chunky yarn, in this picture:

Sirdar Connemara Chunky cardigan
I'll hopefully have a finished photo next week!

I've also framed some of my old finishes this last week:


"Potpourri Heart" by The Sweetheart Tree

"The Hikers" by Heritage Stitchcraft

"A Good Marriage" by Lizzie*Kate

"Pecking Order" by Lanarte


I've added some new projects to my Rotation List, since I've finished two of my UFOs!  This is the list as it stands at the moment:

1.   Santa’s Journey Afghan – Margaret Sherry
2.   Crafty Cat – Margaret Sherry
3.   Mermaids of the Deep Blue – Mirabilia
4.   One Nation – ByGone Stitches
5.   Black Magic – Just Nan (New Project)
6.   Me First – DMC Country Companions
7.   Sweet Dreams – L&L
8.   Hootzi Humbug – Just Nan (New Project)
9.   Which Side? – Raise the Roof
10. Cha Cha – Heritage Stitchcraft
11. Song of Christmas – Lavender & Lace
12. Cat Lessons for People – Lizzie*Kate
13. Official Crazy Cat Lady – Raise the Roof
14. Spot of Summer – The Drawn Thread (New Project)
15. Tiger – Ross Originals
16. Mirabilia RR
17. Fairy Moon - Mirabilia (New Project)
18. Three Little Maids – Heritage Stitchcraft
19. QS Plum Gothic – HAED
20. Holiday IV Toy Shop – Mill Hill
21. Count Your Blessings – Silver Creek Samplers
22. Living with Charm – Lizzie*Kate
23. QS Scarlet Witch – HAED
24. Heirloom Christmas Sampler – Victoria Sampler
25. Season of Hope – LHN


I've made the list up to 25 items.

My rotation works in the following way:

  • On a Sunday morning, I use the Random Number Generator in the column on the right to select a number between 1 and 25.
  • That number then tells me which item I'm working on for the next week.
  • During that week, I stitch on the item as much as possible - every stitch is a stitch closer to the end!
  • On Saturday, I take a progress picture and post it on here, Facebook and Needlecraft Haven.
  • The first week of every month is for Round Robin or Exchange stitching (if I am participating in any), so I am off rotation for that week.
The random number generator tells me that I'm stitching on number 8 next week - Hootzi Humbug.  It will be nice stitching on a new project for a change!


I have started a fitness regime...now in its 3rd week.  I go to the gym on a Tuesday evening, straight from work, and I am also using the Nike+ Running app on my iPhone to attempt to start running.  At the moment, I am following their "5k Beginner" coach programme, which has me out at least 5 nights a week, but I am brisk walking the distance it tells me to do (including some steep uphill climbs - can't go anywhere in Darwen without going up and down hills!) - I need to lose some more weight before I start running!  I am also trying to get out on a Sunday for a longer distance hike, but the weather has been atrocious over the last few weeks, so I haven't got out for that...

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Nice cardigan pattern, looking forward o seeing your finished one.
Super frames for your lovely projects Lynn.
Good luck with the fitness regime.

Lonneke said...

Your stitching looks great in those frames.
And I am impressed. I couldn't handle so many WIP's at one time.
Looking forward to Hootzi.

Melanie said...

Good luck with the running!
I need to get back to running. Sigh.

The framing looks fab. :)