Friends

Sunday 30 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

 Happy Mother's Day!  It is Mother's Day here in the UK, and here are the presents I got from my 3 offspring:

Mother's Day presents
This week has been quite stressful and hectic, due to OfSTED inspecting my workplace, but we have got through it!  We just have to wait for the inspection report to be published in about a month...  I was observed, and also had to have a meeting with the Lead Inspector - both were on the same day, so I got it all over and done with!

My youngest child has come home from Uni for the Easter break (a whole month!).  It seems strange having her home again, but we'll have to get used to it, as she is leaving Uni in the summer...

I have started a Couch to 5K running programme!  The first session was yesterday (Saturday), and we had to walk for 90 seconds, then run for 60 seconds, repeating this several times.  I managed it quite well, not feeling the need to stop at any time, and can't wait for the next session tomorrow evening.  The programme runs for about 10 weeks, and is held on Saturday morning and Monday and Thursday evenings.

Here is my progress on "Spot of Summer" by The Drawn Thread:

"Spot of Summer" by The Drawn Thread
I thought I was going to finish it this week, but there were a couple of nights when I couldn't stitch due to headaches...

As next week is the first week of the month, my rotation takes a break for a Round Robin piece...

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Shebafudge said...

I love the idea of a couch to 5k programme. I keep thinking about it but have never got round to it. Good luck with yours!

Spot of Summer is looking very pretty. xx

Blu said...

Spot of Summer is looking lovely.

Best of luck on C25K. I've tried it several times and always end up quitting after the third week. I just can't keep up :(

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely update on your wip! Good luck with the running program!!